To request an Endowment Index® Quarterly Fact Sheet, or obtain a download of historical daily index data, please scroll to the bottom of this page and complete the request form.
The Endowment Index® represents the investable opportunity for managers of portfolios utilizing the Endowment Investment Philosophy® or otherwise incorporate alternative investments within a comprehensive asset allocation. The index provides an objective tool used for portfolio comparison, investment analysis, and research and benchmarking by fiduciaries, trustees, portfolio managers, consultants and advisers to endowments, foundations, trusts, defined benefit/defined contribution plans, pension plans and individual investors.
The Endowment Index® uses an objective, rules-based construction methodology based upon the portfolio allocations of over 800 educational institutions managing over $500 billion in total assets. Each of the 19 sub-indexes that currently comprise the index are investable, and contained within those sub-indexes are over 30,000 underlying securities. The current target allocation is 35% Equity/53% Alternatives/8% Fixed Inc./4% Liquidity.
Past performance not necessarily indicative of future results. Current performance may be lower or higher than past performance.
|Source of Data||Ticker|
|Schwab Streetsmart Edge||$ENDOW|
- April 12, 2017. Press Release. Endowment Index® Gains 4.95% During Q1 2017; Index Rebalance Boosts Alts, Reduces Fixed Income
- January 6, 2017. Press Release. Endowment Index® Gains 7.19% During 2016; Led by Domestic/Private Equity
- October 12, 2016. Press Release. Endowment Index® Gains 4.49% During 3rd Quarter. Private Equity Allocation Shines
- August 3, 2016. Press Release. ETF Model Solutions Named Finalist for 2016 Wisconsin Innovation Awards
- July 8, 2016. Press Release. Endowment Index® Survives Brexit Scare to Close with Gain for 2Q 2016
- June 21, 2016. Press Release. ETF Model Solutions Named Finalist For WealthManagement.com Industry Awards
- April 13, 2016. Press Release. Endowment Index® Ends Challenging 1st Quarter on a High Note
- February 3, 2016. Press Release. Endowment Index® Updated and Reconstituted for 2016.
- January 8, 2016. Press Release. Endowment Index® Declines 3.17% in 2015-The Year Nothing Worked
- October 15, 2015. Press Release. Endowment Index® 3rd Quarter Update
- August 13, 2015. Press Release. ETF Model Solutions® Named Finalist for Wisconsin Innovation Awards
- July 14, 2015. Press Release. Endowment Index® 2Q 2015 Update: Endowment Index® Bests S&P 500 For 2nd Quarter of 2015
- April 14, 2015. Press Release. Endowment Index® 1Q 2015 Update: Endowment Index® Outperforms S&P 500 Index During 1st Quarter
- April 10, 2015. InformaIS/Zephyr to distribute Endowment Index® data
- March 11, 2015. Press Release. Endowment Index® Named A Finalist for “Index of the Year” for 2014 by ETF.com
- February 5, 2015. Press Release. ETF Model Solutions® Announces Endowment Index® Rebalanced for 2015
- January 22, 2015. Press Release. Endowment Index® 2015 4th Quarter Performance Update
- November 11, 2014. Press Release. Endowment Index® Historical Data Now Available Through Morningstar, Interactive Data and Bloomberg.
- October 16, 2014. The Endowment Index® declined 2.77% (total return) for the 3rd quarter ended September 30, 2014. Nearly half of the decline in the index was attributed to the private equity and venture capital index allocations within the portfolio. Four of the 19 index components (emerging market bonds, emerging market equities, managed futures, and domestic bonds) generated a positive return during the quarter.
- May 22, 2014. Press Release. Endowment Index® Launch Announced by ETF Model Solutions®, LLC and Endowment Wealth Management, Inc.
- May 7, 2014. Press Release. Effective Monday, May 19, 2014, NASDAQ OMX® will begin dissemination of the Endowment Index® (Symbol: ENDOW) on the Global Index Data Service 2.0 (GIDS 2.0). For Entire Release see: NASDAQ OMX® Announces Launch of the Endowment Index® Effective May 19, 2014
Endowment Investment Philosophy®
The Endowment Investment Philosophy® builds portfolios using an asset allocation methodology pursued by major universities like Yale and Harvard because it offers the potential for superior risk-adjusted returns and lower volatility for portfolios with long-term investment horizons. This investment philosophy expands the number of asset classes and strategies used to create a portfolio beyond stocks and bonds by including alternative investments such as hedge funds, private equity, and real assets in addition to traditional stocks and bonds in a global framework.
You Can Implement the Endowment Investment Philosophy® as a:
The investments below are not invested in the Endowment Index®; you cannot invest directly in the Endowment Index®. Indexes do not have fees. Investments are not guaranteed, not bank insured and may lose value. Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal. Investors should assess for themselves their objectives, fees, and the risks involved before making any investment decision.
- Foundation/Endowment/Family Office:
ETF Model Solutions® can provide your Foundation, Endowment or Family Office with an Endowment Index®-based passive, liquid Endowment solution. ETF Model Solutions® can also construct an active strategy based upon the Endowment Index®. Please call Prateek Mehrotra, Chief Investment Officer, MBA, CFA®, CAIA®, at (920) 785-6010 to learn about how you can reduce your management costs through our outsourced CIO services. Please sign-up below to receive the Endowment Index® fact sheet and periodic updates.
- 401(K) Plan Sponsor/Adviser:
Plan Sponsors/Advisers can now access the Endowment Investment Philosophy® through unitized models that can be included as investment options within a 401(k) Plan. These globally diversified, multi-asset class risk models may serves as an alternative to a traditional balanced or target date funds. Please call Tim Landolt, Managing Director, MBA, at (920) 785 – 6012 to learn how you could add Endowment Risk-Based Models to your 401(K) investment lineup.
- Investment Adviser:
Investment Advisers can now implement the Endowment Investment Philosophy® in a core satellite framework by using the Endowment Index® in the core and adding our ETF based TAMP/SMA models as satellites. Please call Tim Landolt, Managing Director, MBA, at (920) 785 – 6012 to learn how to implement the Endowment Investment Philosophy® in your client portfolios. Learn more about our 7 ETF Based Models.
- Individual Client:
Individual investors can invest in models created from the underlying ETF components of the Endowment Index®. Visit www.MyRoboAdviser.com tor call Tim Landolt, Managing Director at (920) 785 – 6010 to learn more.
Sign Up Below to receive more information about the Endowment Index®
To receive the current fact sheet and Index data history please provide a valid email address, then click “Continue“. Please do not fill out your First Name/Last Name/Company Name until your email has been verified (don’t worry- it only takes a few seconds).
*Refers to underlying components. Reported index results do not have fees and expenses. You typically cannot invest directly into an index.
Award recognition does not qualify as an endorsement of any particular index, investment or investment strategy. ETF Model Solutions® does not make solicitation payments to award sponsors in order to be nominated or to qualify for the nomination of an award. For information on the Index of the Year award, visit ETF.com.